Thursday, August 04, 2005

Settling into the new

I've spent the last two days doing absolutely nothing, which has been nice. It's been an ideal vacation trip, really, with the exception of having to hike about thirty-five blocks when we couldn't get a bus home at 3:30 in the morning. Who'd have thought that busses run 24 hours in the Bronx but not in Queens? Well, now we know. The next day, my feet were swollen and a bit scary, so we decided to stay home and watch movies, order pizza, do laundry, etc. Not a bad way to spend some time together, really.

I'm starting to miss my guitar. It's already waiting for me at my apartment in the Bronx, so I'm not able to get to it until my final transplant, which is this coming Sunday. By then, our friend Chuck will have come and gone from his weekend visit, and John will have gone with him. Then, I'll be oficially on my own, and for what it's worth, I think I'm ready. That might change come Sunday, or even Saturday, but that's how I feel now. Besides, Jane, my roommate, has been fantastic and spectacular and all of that, so I know she'll help me keep my cool during these next few weeks of transition. Still... I'm really starting to miss my guitar. I want to write, and I want to get geared up for open mics around town... I've already started doing some research on places to go, and it looks easy enough to get signed up and have people listen. That, I'm not sure I'm ready for. Whatever... I'm gonna do it anyway. I mean, I have to have something to fall back on if I make no money with this PhD, if I even finish the damn thing. And I'll finish, too... I've gone through much tougher things than picking up a silly doctorate, after all.

Yeah. Definitely missing my guitar.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well,well try to stay in track. I knew you got the tallent and I also know you got the brains. Good luck.

Sunday, August 21, 2005 7:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home