Sunday, October 23, 2005

The keys to my happiness... for now...

Right... I'm busy, so we'll keep this short. That, and I just typed up a nice, long blog entry, then accidentally erased it. I'm pissed off enough about it that I'm not willing to throw myself into take two. So there. Anyway, here it is, in a nutshell:

1. I got a new TV. At long last, I am among the normals! Well, okay... maybe a little better than normal. The TV I got was a bargain I couldn't refuse... a 20" flat-screen, slim profile, LCD screen TV. Believe me, I'm not complaining. I bought it on Friday, and we've been together ever since.

2. I sprinkled magic technophile dust on the shiny new TV and got cable. Okay, no... I got it from a Jamaican cable installer sent to me from the gods of CableVision. Included in that package was also wireless internet access, which is also most welcome, but primary focus has remained on the cable. I got it on Saturday, and we've been together ever since.

3. I got my own study carrel at the library. I figured I'd need it, since I have a midterm and a couple of papers due this week. Sure, I've got an office, but I'm still sharing it with another student. I don't mind sharing... it's just that neither one of us seems to get any work done when we're both in there. In any case, I opted for the carrel at the library, and I've already spent too many hours there. Not only that, but I managed to grab the largest desk in the whole place, and they were nice enough to put my name on it, so I'm pretty happy with things on that front.

Okay... so, besides the two papers and the midterm, I also started fencing again, am trying to learn music for an upcoming choir concert, am in the process of putting together my set for my next NY Songwriters gig (which, incidentally, is going down on Sunday, November 6th... more details to follow), and am still trying to crank out a paper to submit to this women's issues thing. At some point, I guess I should do some laundry, clean up my room a bit, bla bla bla... and all of that is firmly on hold, especially since I have two projects due this evening, and only one of them is complete at this point. Goody.

Yeah, well, bring it on... I got my TV, and I got cable, which means I can cope with anything. Oh, yeah... I'm not about to lie here... at this point, it really is that easy to keep me happy. For the moment.

1 Comments:

Blogger christine said...

i wish you and you tv/cable a lifetime of happiness together...may your programs always be clear...and may your head be filled with meaningless crap...woo hoo...

Monday, October 24, 2005 11:41:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home