Wednesday, January 18, 2006

The short version

Here it is... I got back to New York, went to two days of rehearsal, sang with a big high school choir at Carnegie Hall (long story... I might cover it later)... right before that, I did something weird and auditioned for the baritone solo in the "Libera me" from Faure's Requiem, just for a laugh (actually got a callback, which was hillarious)... some producer guy was walking by and heard my audition, then offered me some weird job (voicing the music or something for a documentary on homeless people, or somesuch), says he'll call me in two weeks when he gets back to Orlando, since he's working on Survivor right now... yeah, whatever... so I gave him my number, and he marched off after a frantic handshake, with three other people following him and holding little notebooks. Weird. Then, after the concert, the people who were running the Carnegie Hall thing took us on a two-hour cruise around Manhattan, complete with free beer for the grown-ups. Random, but welcome. The next day was my first day of class (today, incidentally), so I've been on campus for most of it, getting my office in order and doing random searches online when I ought to be reading my brand new, grossly overpriced textbooks. It's cold and windy here today... think I'll stop by the diner on the way home and grab something somewhat healthy to eat before wasting my late night in front of the television, expectantly awaiting the latest episode of Project Runway. I promise I'll be more prodictive tomorrow. That is, at least I'll try.

There... that's all that's gone on since I've been back. Oh... and I also may have found out that a friend from college has died, but I haven't been able to verify it yet. Aside from that, nothing out of the ordinary... so yes, I'm definitely back in New York.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home