Monday, February 06, 2006

On the verge of... um... the verge

I'm guessing I should start bracing myself. I don't feel it yet, but I have an inkling that things are about to get a little more frantic for me around here. After all, they can't really calm down at this point, so they must have nowhere to go but up, yes?

Here's one for starters... I've volunteered to take the GRE again. Hey... at least they're going to pay me to do it. Not that I relish the idea of taking the freaking GRE on a Saturday morning, especially when I've already done my time and gone through that special little hell once before. Again, I'm getting paid for it. Boy, those testing researchers sure know the way to a girl's heart, don't they? Anyway, if anyone's curiosity is peaked as to what I'll be up to this Saturday, your inquiring mind now knows as much as I do.

Right. So there's that. Then, you have the Vagina Monologues thing, which goes up some time in March. Apart from that, there's choir (two sets of concerts... two choirs, incidentally... I'm not even going to get into that one, or I may not hear the end of it), the possibility of starting this women's self defense martial arts class thing some time in the near future (though not too near, I'm thinking... something that will likely start next semester is my guess), and an internship that I'm starting this semester (for which I have an interview tomorrow). And no, I'm not forgetting the full load of courses, the teaching assistanceship, and the weekly recording time in the studio. For most people, this might look a little scary. For me... well, read some of the previous entries on this blog, and you'll see what I mean. I'm okay... just a little worried that I'm okay, if that makes any sense. I'll be fine, but I'm curious to see how.

I'm still fighting the laundry demons that have overrun my life, and I think I'm going to win this week. I can feel it... I have the power now, or at least the dire necessity. Besides, I can count it as a workout. On that note, I've finally made it down below 200 pounds... 198.6, to be exact... and I feel like I ought to throw a party or something. Then again, I now live in constant fear that I'll end up back over 200 if I breathe too much air or something. I won't feel really secure about this little victory over my designated numerical hurdle until I'm well past it... possibly in the 180's or so... then I'll start to relax a little bit. For now, though, the battle continues. And I'm still losing weight, basically about two pounds per week, so I guess I'll just hang in there for another month and see how it goes. In the meantime, I'm gonna go eat something. And yes, unfortunately, something quite healthy and good for me. Damn this vastly improved, guilt-enforced lifestyle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home