Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Hello, thesis, my old friend

I've come to whack at you again...

I went in for a meeting with Dr. Wertz today, so that we could discuss the fate of my thesis. As it stands, it's not enough (that is, according to some unknown members of the ADP department... Dr. Wertz has given it his full approval). Granted, the head of my department, Dr. Sherrod, says it's adequate... except for the fact that some of the faculty want me to add a quantitative component. Basically, I have to add something of a side project to the thesis... not so much a matter of rewriting the thesis or anything... just a little extra bit tucked in, just to prove that I can do it. Bastards. It doesn't sound so bad, except for the fact that I'm not exactly rolling around in piles of spare time. At least, not so much spare time that I can just whip out an experimental study and plop it into my thesis in a way that makes sense. Be that as it may, that's exactly what I'm going to do. That is, of course, if things go as I predict... I have one more meeting with Dr. Sherrod, where I intend to plead my case one last time. Maybe I can at least find out who the hell's got a problem with the work as it is. It's not him, and it's not Dr. Wertz, so I'm curious to know who it might be. Not that it would make any difference now, but at least I'll know not to have them on my dissertation commitee. And maybe, just for good measure, I'll know who's car to egg.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home