Sunday, April 16, 2006

Deep in the heart of it

Here's my official statement, if anyone wonders: I no longer miss Texas. Not at all. It's balmy down here for Eastertime. Just thinking of the sixty-something or seventy-something degree weather I'm missing back in New York is enough to make me not mind airplane rides. Ah, well... not much longer. besides, I'm at least with John, getting some much needed quality time with him. His recent acceptance into Fordham's Classics PhD program has been the cause of a good bit of excitement around here, and he's finally warming up to the idea that New York might not be such a bad place after all, so I'm not gonna complain too much these days. I'll just sit in this heat, sweat for a while, and count the weeks before John and I are romping around in New York together. Screw you, Texas, for being so infernally hot, even for Texas standards. I'm already missing the winter, which is something I never thought I'd say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home