Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Not quite ready

The semester is officially underway, and I don't think I'm exactly geared up for it. That doesn't necessarily change things... I'll still be there for the first day of my courses, teaching, etc., but I'm not exactly turning cartwheels about it. I think it's a lack-of-sleep issue. My sleep schedule has been lopsided for the past three weeks, and I can't seem to right it. The way I see it, it'll just take care of itself, once I'm obligated to be somewhere and do productive things on a regular basis. Not that I've been a complete waste lately... just not at my usual insane pace. For some, that might seem like a good thing. Personally, I'm starting to come to terms with the fact that I don't do well in slow-mo.

John's teaching his first course of the semester at the moment. I haven't got any commitments until tomorrow, and no classes until the day after that, but that doesn't mean I'm relaxed. Actually, I'm working on a few things now. It's just not getting me to my usual level of pumped-up-ness, for whatever reason. My theory is that I've simply been away from people for too long. John's been great, but he's kind of... well... singular, and we've seen nothing but one another since we got back from Texas. It's been fun, that's for sure, but not exactly conducive to productivity. I'm not worried about it... I'm sure it'll all kick into gear, if it isn't already... thing is, I'm just not particularly enthused.

But yeah, I'm sleepy. And I'm a little hungry, what with the diet/workout thing going on. We'll say that the culmination of all that is to blame for my lacadaisical attitude, and we'll leave it at that. In a couple of days, I'll be just as bright-tailed and bushy-eyed as ever. Till then, though, don't expect fireworks. That is, unless you've got a sandwich on you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home