Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Done and done!

I received Dr. Garza's response to my email as promptly as I'd expected. In all of our email correspondence for the purposes of competing the thesis, there's always an attatchment to each of his responses... typically, I'd attatch my latest draft, and he'd respond with an attatched draft chock full of comments and correction notes. This time, I received his response to my draft email, and there was no attatchment there.

One word was at the top of the body of the email: Congratulations.

I was shocked. I'm still shocked. I don't mind this shocked feeling, but it's still weird, surreal. It's really over and done with. The email continued with some kind words, updates on his presentations at APA this week, and general well-wishing for my future endeavors. Whatever... he had me at congratulations.

So now, a new chapter in my fluffy little saga can finally commence. I'm sitting pretty on two weeks of free time, during which I intend to do as little as possible in the way of important, mind-occupying activity. I'll go into the city, of course, but I'll do what I can to save money and keep my galavanting sparse. At the very least, I'm going to have to find some way to celebrate, but in an extremely low stress, low budget kind of way. There's an audition at CBGB that I'm still thinking about doing this weekend, but I haven't made up my mind just yet... I'd like to wrangle up a companion to come with, but I've yet to hear back from my primary candidate, Russ, and I'm guessing Jane will already have made plans for that afternoon. No worries, though. I got my congratulations.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have my congratulations and best best wishes to all your endeavors always. More power to you.

Sunday, August 21, 2005 7:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

Wednesday, September 14, 2005 1:02:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home