Thursday, August 17, 2006

All apologies... and none

What do you want from me? John just got here, like, a week ago, and you want me blogging? Yeah... not gonna happen.

I'll do it now, though. I've gotten to spend some good time with him and the hundreds of friggin' boxes he brought up with him from Dallas. Ah, yes... and the cat. Let's not forget the cat. Anyway, they all got ehre ont he evening of the 4th... John, Kidden, Chuck, Jay, and Nate. We unloaded the truck and the car (with the help of some moving people I hired... that was definitely a good call), and then Chuck, Jay, and Nate said their goodbyes and headed back to Texas. Chuck had to be back to work in two days, so there wasn't much time to hang out in New York for them. From then on, it's just been me and John. And the cat.

The cat... who won't eat anything but 9 Lives puree. It can't be chunky, hard, or another brand. It has to be the mushy stuff. Even if you grind up the chunky bits yourself (and how would I know) to te point where it's identical to the pre-mashed, he won't touch it. If anyone is interested in some cans of chunky cat food, be my guest. Apparently, they're not good enough for the great Radames.

As for John, he's acclamating better than any of us had hoped. He goes out on the roof of the building and looks out at the skyline a lot, and comments that he can't believe he lives here... in a good way, that is. He's also started kung fu with me, which has ben nice, and he's also taken up historical fencing with our college buddy, Russ. Two days a week of the fencing, two days a week of the kung fu... the other day, while we were on our way to kung fu, right after coming back from doing laundry, he turned to me and asked, "Are we always going to be this busy?" Oh, man... has he even been reading my blog? I laughed for a good while at that one.

The apartment, as I suppose is to be expected, is a complete disaster area. I guess you could say we're making progress in getting the place put together, but I'd have a hard time proving it. We work on it a little every day, though, so we hope to be a good way along by the end of this week. At the very least, we have the bedroom, closet, and sitting room pretty well put together, or at least no longer entirely filled with boxes. The rest of the apartment, as far as I'm concerned, can just hold on a second. We'll get to it in time, I'm sure. Right now, I'm just having a really good time with John here.

We haven't done much, but we haven't been homebodies, either. His birthday was last weekend, so I took him out for shopping and a movie, and we had a great time. In our tradition of extending birthday celebrations by a few days, we continued to do things that were birthday related, such as gettng an ice cream cake one night on our way home, and making nearly every food decision in the week up to his whim (this, of course, meant a couple of pizza nights). He's settling in nicely, and we fully intend to spend the rest of the summer break doing as little as we can that doesn't include having a great time with each other. Oh, yes. That means a lot of goofy, holding-hands-and skipping-around-in-central-park ind of crap. At some point, we're going to make a trip to the zoo, so I'll hopefully have pictures to share of that particular excursion.

Today is a little busier than some. We have a lunch date with Russ, then a dinner date with Miraj. If anyone's been wondering what we've been up to, that' about it. So yes, sorry for being negligent. Still, I hope it's understood I'm not that sorry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home