Saturday, November 24, 2007

Providing pictoral evidence

Not that I don't think anyone believes me, but I thought it would be helpful to prove my recent running bug has really been genuine. By the way, no, I don't wear the same yellow hoodie to every race... just to these, my first and third. The second one involved a TOTALLY different outfit. Or at least a different hoodie. Whatever. It's cold out, and at least I kept warm. Here, then, are a couple of pictures of me at a couple of races and the stuff they gave me while I was there:

This one is at the finish line of the Polan Spring 5-mile Marathon Kick-off. The gloves I'm wearing were a gift they gave us at the race, which was really nice of them, considering how freaking cold it was. I'm also wearing a race t-shirt under the hoodie, compliments of the race organizers.


This is right after finishing the Prospect Park Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning, another 5-mile one...


And check it out... the fools gave me a bag AND a medal! No t-shirt at this one, but hey... it's a pretty nice bag. And let's not overlook the significance of the medal!


The second race I ran, the "Race to Deliver," was on the Sunday before Thanksgiving, and it was a 4-mile race. They gave me a t-shirt (long-sleeved this time... gotta love the variety), and I should have a picture from that one soon, if anyone cares. Next up is the Joe Kleinerman 10K, on December 9th. Maybe there'll be a race to run in Texas while we're there, so I don't get bored! Anyway, there you have it... I run.

1 Comments:

Blogger christine said...

AWESOME!!!! Wow, I can't even imagine running around the block these days. Good for you...and that is a pretty cool medal!!! Keep up the awesome work.

Friday, November 30, 2007 10:10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home