Tuesday, September 18, 2007

So I've been busy

And I'm sorry for neglecting the blog. No doubt everyone's lives went on anyway. Briefly, I'll fill you in, in case you care.

I've been working on random school crap pretty much non-stop, which is always good for completely sucking up one's day, or one's week, or one's youth. I've been spending long stretches in my new office, working on all sorts of meaningless things, coming up for air now and then just to see what time of day it looks like outside. Strangely enough, I'm not bothered by it... noice the fact that I'm not exactly complaining. I'm being productive, and I'm not running behind on anything. As a matter of fact, I've been ahead of schedule on my assignments for the past two weeks, which may well be a first in my entire academic career. I've also been doing goofy things like using books like "Phenomenology and Psychological Research" as subway pleasure reading... and finding it pleasurable.

What the hell is happening to me?

Fine, so I'm a nerd. Always have been. Ask anyone who's known me for any length of time. But seriously... this is pretty bad, even for me. I mean, I'm a nerd, sure, but a COOL one. I still have a social life, still have friends, still know how to color coordinate my clothing and tie my shoes. Now I'm keeping office hours and doing work in said office. A lot. Am I supposed to keep this up? What's creepy, of course, is that I think I like it enough to actually try.

Oh, and as for the weight loss... I'm now at 157 pounds, as of this past Sunday. That's 41 pounds since mid June. Holy crap! But don't worry, because it's not all so great... I have no clothing now, and look like an idiot for having to pull my pants up every ten seconds (don't even say it... putting a belt on just makes me look like a clown in oversized cinched pants). If anyone's got some spare money lying around, please consider making a contribution to my clothing fund. Oh... and buy my CD.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home