Saturday, December 22, 2007

The holiday rush cometh

And, to be honest, I'm not ready. I did everything in my power to prepare, almost taking things to the point of anal mania, but to no avail. As it turns out, when your plans involve other people, and those people don't exactly hear your plans, the plans don't really matter. It's been two days on this trip, and already I've had a half dozen plans fall through. Love it. No matter... I think I've gotten over the initial stress of those things, and I'm ready to take everything in stride now. Literally.

I'm going to be running a 5K in Arlington this morning... it's called the "Just for the Heck of It" run, and I'm sure it'll be a little lame by comparison to the races I'm used to in New York, but at least it's something to do.Besides, it's only a 5k, so I'll be in and out in an hour, hopefully with the inclusion of parking and picking up my race bib, etc. So I'll do that, then, come back to Chuck's place, where I'll clean up and go on with my day. I have a few friends to visit, some Chrstmas shopping to tackle, and then we're ending up at my Mom's to spend the night. You know... at some point.

That is, if things go according to plan.

Right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home