Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Happy newness

Hope everyone's having a good start to the new year! We had a good enough time of it, I suppose. John and I worked a job, but it was a super-easy new year job of standing around watching cash boxes at two new years eve parties, so it was easy money (and enough of it to buy me for new years). Afterwards, we spent some time with friends, eating some good food and doing some back-and-forth resolutioning. My resolutions: to stay in my new weight range, to run the NYC Marathon, to put together a game plan for my album sales, and to not be negative about my self-image for the next year. John's going to continue pursuing calm and focus in his life, which he's enjoyed so far, and to depersonalize things in general. Very spiritual of him, if you ask me, and rather admirable. After all, we're both in the gym already, and working as hard as ever, so the usual "get in shape" resolutions are sort of pointless. we're also very committed to schoolwork as it is, so I don't think we'll have to go down that road of resolutions, either. I suppose, then, that these deeper, self-reflective resolutions and goals are the only way to fly, and I can't say I mind it too much.

In the coming week, we're going to be getting new tattoos... I'll be sure to post pictures as soon as I have some, so keep your pants on.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Veale said...

Emily,
Perusing your blog and looking at photos of your new running life in NYC, I am becoming jealous. Wish you well, from down here in San Antonio.
Lisa Veale

Friday, January 04, 2008 6:05:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home